COVID-19 Prompts Reminders from Clerk Tressa Guynes...
As a community, we are learning daily about best practices with respect to COVID-19. Although the risk of being affected by the illness here in Western Colorado is relatively low at this point, social distancing has been suggested. Here in our public facing areas, we ask that you practice social distancing ANYTIME you are not feeling well.
However, at the Montrose County Clerk & Recorder’s Office this does not mean you can’t accomplish your business needs! We have many remote options that are always available to you. Please know we remain committed to supporting your needs.
- From election results to updating or initiating your own voter registration – you can find the information and handle those processes at the Secretary of State’s website: www.govotecolorado.gov.
- If needed, please call our office at 970-252-3360 ext 3 or email us at Elections@montrosecounty.net.
Recording – Public Records/Marriage License
- You can search the public records and actually purchase, download or print that document from the comfort of your home or business by going to http://landmarkweb.montrosecounty.net. There is no charge to register and conduct your search – you only pay for the documents you download or print. You can also purchase a monthly subscription, if needed.
- If you will be getting married in Montrose County within 30 days, you can complete the Marriage License Application online at http://landmarkweb.montrosecounty.net/marriagekiosk. Although, both parties to the marriage will still need to come into the office to get the actual license, completing the application before arriving will greatly reduce your time in our public spaces.
- As always, you can call us at 970-252-3362 ext 2 or email us at Recording@montrosecounty.net, before coming in, to see if a trip is necessary.
- There are many Vehicle Licensing transactions that you can now accomplish online by going to the CO Department of Revenue’s website: mydmv.colorado.gov and Skip the Trip!
- Renew Your License Plates
- Request a Duplicate Title
- Request a Duplicate Registration Card
- Estimate Registration Fees
- Change Your Address
- Report Release of Liability (if you sold a vehicle)
- Replace Tabs
- Apply for a First Time Disability Placard
- There are many processes you can accomplish over the phone - simply call 970-252-3362, Ext 1, and a fully trained technician can help you. Your patience is appreciated – hold times may be a bit longer as call volumes rise.
There is nothing more important than your health and the health of our staff.
Be well everyone…Thank you, Tressa Guynes, Montrose County Clerk & Recorder