Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
ApplicationsThe LEAP Program is now accepting applications. To get an application, please visit Human Services at 1865 S. Townsend Ave in Montrose, CO.
What is LEAP?
- LEAP is an acronym for Low-Income Energy Assistance Program.
- LEAP is a federally funded program.
- LEAP operates from November 1st through April 30th.
- LEAP is designed to help eligible low-income households with winter home heating costs.
- LEAP is not intended to pay the entire cost of home heating.
Who qualifies for LEAP assistance?
- You pay home heating costs to an energy provider, fuel dealer, or to a landlord as part of your rent.
- Earn a maximum family household income that does not exceed 60% of the state median income level.
- Provide proof of lawful presence in the U.S., for you and household members born outside of the U.S. Valid forms of identification include Naturalization Certificate, or Born Abroad Certificate, or U.S. Passport, Permanent Resident Card, or Documentation of Refugee or Asylee status.
| Household Size
|| Gross Income Limit
| Each Additional Person
|| Add $166 for each person
Get Started & Questions
- Call 1-866-Heat-Help or 1-866-432-8435.
- Pickup an application after November 1st at Montrose County Health & Human Services, 1845 S Townsend Ave., Montrose CO 81401.
- More information available at Colorado LEAP page.