- You are here:
- County Offices
- Clerk & Recorder
Clerk & Recorder
- There are many Vehicle Licensing transactions that you can now accomplish online by going to the CO Department of Revenue’s website: mydmv.colorado.gov and Skip the Trip!
- Renew Your License Plates
- Request a Duplicate Title
- Request a Duplicate Registration Card
- Estimate Registration Fees
- Change Your Address
- Report Release of Liability (if you sold a vehicle)
- Replace Tabs
- Apply for a First Time Disability Placard
During this time, the CO Department of Revenue is allowing these additional online transactions:
- Submit a first-time registration (Please note that the State is experiencing substantial delays providing Specialty Plates that require Print on Demand)
- Replace license plates
- Email: VR@montrosecounty.net
- Phone: 970-249-3362 Ext 1
Recording – Public Records/Marriage License
- Documents sent for recording may be submitted via mail, e-recording or in-person. If in-person, please note we are open limited hours. Call the number below prior to coming to our office.
- You can search the public records and actually purchase, download or print that document from the comfort of your home or business by going to http://landmarkweb.montrosecounty.net. There is no charge to register and conduct your search – you only pay for the documents you download or print. You can also purchase a monthly subscription, if needed.
- If you are a resident of Montrose County and will be getting married in Montrose County within 30 days, you can complete the Marriage License Application online at http://landmarkweb.montrosecounty.net/marriagekiosk. Although, both parties to the marriage will still need to come into the office to get the actual license, completing the application before arriving will greatly reduce your time in our public spaces. Marriage licenses are by appointment only. Please call the number below to speak to a clerk prior to coming to our office.
- Email: Recording@montrosecounty.net
- Phone: 970-249-3362 Ext 2
- From election results to updating or initiating your own voter registration – you can find the information and handle those processes at the Secretary of State’s website: www.govotecolorado.gov.
- Email: Elections@montrosecounty.net
- Phone: 970-249-3362 Ext 3
Thank you, Tressa Guynes, Montrose County Clerk & Recorder
OverviewThe office of the Clerk and Recorder is a multi-faceted organization dedicated to providing consumer-friendly customer service. We strive to raise the bar by proactively addressing our processes.
- Carry on Montrose County's leadership role in Colorado efforts to perform fair, accurate, and lawful elections
- Work closely with State statutes and regulations
- Manage the citizens' tax dollars effectively
ResponsibilitiesThis office is responsible for:
- Issuing and recording marriage licenses
- Recording all real estate transactions
- Issuing liquor licenses
- Registering voters
- Conducting all primary, general, and County elections
- Operating vehicle registration divisions in Montrose and Nucla for titling and issuing license plates
Are you looking for the Montrose County Courts?If you have questions about:
- Divorce Papers
- Court Cases
- Jury Duty Summons
- Court Dates
Please visit their website by clicking here or calling 970-252-4300.