Liquor Licenses

For information on obtaining a liquor license in unincorporated Montrose County, please contact Eloise Lentz at the Montrose County Clerk and Recorder’s office 970-249-3362 Ext 3. For licensing within incorporated town please contact the incorporated towns:
City Contact Hours of Operation
City of Montrose 970-240-1430 Monday - Thursday
7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Naturita 970-865-2286  
Nucla 970-864-7351  
Olathe 970-323-5601  
Department of Revenue Liquor Publications

Liquor License Renewals

All liquor licenses (state and county) must be renewed annually. Approximately 90 days prior to the expiration of a liquor license, the Department of Revenue will send a renewal notice along with the required forms. If you do not receive this mailing, please contact the Liquor Enforcement Division at 303-205-2341.

Please complete the renewal forms and send them along with the applicable fees to Eloise Lentz at  the Montrose County Clerk and Recorder's Office, 320 South 1st Street, Room 103, Montrose CO 81401.

In order to allow for necessary processing times and coordination between the county and state licensing authorities, renewals must be filed with the Clerk and Recorder’s Office at least 45 days prior to the expiration of the license.